Monday, January 4, 2010

First blog posting

how many blogs are titled, "my first blog"? well, this IS my first blog. in fact, this is my first journal entry in at least five years, and here i am making it public.



i am returning to school at the age of 39. i actually started in the fall, and now i am an A student for the first time ever. my highschool gpa was 2.8. ouch. i found that out when i had to get my transcripts to apply for college. i don't think i was dumb, i think i just didn't give a darn about school when i was 16 years old. other things were more important. namely, drinking. i didn't do drugs (yet) but i drank like a fish throughout my youth. i skated by on the bare minimum in high school. just enough to get through it.



so i'm back. in school that is. and now i do give a darn. i want to be a nurse when i grow up. things i have been: charter boat cleaner, bookkeeper, restaurant help (dishes, food prep, server), massage therapist, non-profit lackey, personal assistant. i'm ready for the "real job" or professional career, to start. and that i have found, requires higher education. they don't let just anyone draw blood and change bed pans... only the highly educated. sign me up.

well, today is my 6 month anniversary with dave and he is taking me out to dinner, so i must wrap this up.

oh, before i go... did you make any new year's resolutions? mine: practice fiddle every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment